Burundi warns international community that it can no longer tolerate Rwanda’s repeated attacks

In a statement containing serious accusations against Rwanda, the secretary of the government general and spokesman, Prosper Ntahorwamiye, said that Burundi will take appropriate measures to safeguard its security and territorial integrity. Prosper Ntahorwamiye has released this statement after the attack on a military position by the Burundian army in the Kibira forest on the Twinyoni hill in the Marura area, an attack that took place on the night of November 16 to 17, 2019. is in Mbayi commune in Cibitoke province in northwestern Burundi. The Burundian army via the Communication Information Directorate indicated that the attackers came from Rwanda and retreated to Rwanda after the attack.

Prosper Ntahorwamiye also said that the Burundian government had seized the secretariat of the ICGLR Great Lakes International Conference as an acronym for investigating the July 10 attack on Kabarore in Kayanza province in 2015 but to no avail. Diplomatic relations between the two countries have not been fixed since 2015. But the ICGLR had already announced that Burundi’s allegations against Rwanda were unfounded.

Repetitive attacks by the FDLR and RNC armed groups are often carried out on Rwandan territory and the rebels come from Burundi. And the United Nations has already published a report in which it specifies that Burundi frames and supplies the FDLR to destabilize Rwanda. A group class according to the Lusaka Convention in Zambia negative genocidal force to fight.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *